Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Time

I love Christmas and all the festivities behind. I always remind myself what it is all about too; the birth of Christ. I know I forget at times with all the holiday parties, Christmas shopping, and all the Scrooges out there what Christmas is about but I try to remind myself it is about his birth. Well here is a picture of our tree. I requested a picture of Julies. We are family and for some reason I have never seen how she decorates her tree and I have always wondered how amazing her tree was. And I was right it is beautiful. My tree is tall and skinny and not my dream tree but it works in our house. I do not have any theme aside from memories. There is so much history to this tree. Every year growing up my grandparents would give us a bulb/ornament for the tree. So I has 20 ornaments when I left home. So instead of fussing over the tree I just think of how excited I was every year to receive an ornament from my grandparents. It was so nice to leave home and take those memories with me. Dustin also received ornaments from his parents, so in other wards we have lots of ornaments. Considering how many ornaments we have our tree is not that crowded. I am still trying to find some garland for the tree I like, I am picky though. Dustin says the tree is fine how it is. I am also finding it challenging with ginger this year she is very curious of the ornaments on the tree.... last year she ruined a bulb. Julie at least Noah cannot eat the ornaments or chew the tops off of them.

No comments: