Monday, March 31, 2008

Half Way There!!

Okay once again I am sorry that I am awful at updating. All I can say is I am so glad we are half way done. Today started his 10th week. He is 28 pounds lighter and has a nice shiny bald head from shaving it. Supposedly this has become a trend with the guys and they are all jumping on board to join in. I hear that some of the wives were not happy but oh well less maintenance for them. Last week he thought someone took his shoes but someone found them laying out and did not want him to get in trouble for leaving them out, so they rolled them in a towel and put them in a empty looker. Well he still had to write a memo because he told his RTO that if he did not finish his towers for the week that is why. Friday I got an interesting call saying that he left his keys in his locker at the academy and that he could not get in the house or get his car from his carpool buddies house. Thankfully his brother had a key to our house so he was able to get in the house and then we went and picked up his car when I got off work. Julie, I think Dustin can relate to the forgetfulness. Dustin worked the entire weekend on putting his notes together and typed them all. He has 3- three inch binders full of notes. That is a lot of class time and a lot of note taking. Dustin comes home and tells me about his works and I just say thank you I am not doing that because I am not sure I would last long. In I think two weeks from Friday Dustin will be maced. I just hope that goes as well as it can. I try to be the loving, helpful, and supportive wife but at times I get tired of everything revolving around him and everything being consumed with the academy. I have my own countdown until this hold on our lives is down. I am happy that he found something he enjoys but I will be glad when the academy is over!!! For me work is going good. I hope to move into management within the next month or two. Ginger is big and is need of her completed backyard before it gets hot. I think this weekend we are going to work on creating a patio type area with pavers.

This last weekend we were celebrated Cleo and Julie's birthday. We had a really nice evening with them. Noah (my nephew) was recovering from being sick and I was amazed at how much energy he had for being sick. I know when I am sick I am a zombie and just want to lay around. I could not believe he was running and playing and laughing. He was active and way to happy for being sick. I wish I had that kid of strength.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're getting burned out! HAng in there! Just think, soon he'll work four, 10 hour shifts and that's it! Stay strong girl!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Michelle, this too shall pass. The next 10 weeks will go fast. You are both in our thoughts and prayers daily.

love & prayers
cleo & mom

Amber said...

Wow I am impressed! Way to go Dustin :) And you too....Its hard when work is all consuming :)