Saturday, November 8, 2008
Sadness
Let me just start off by saying that this has been a difficult last couple of days. I am not really sure aside from the fact that I am beating myself up for forgetting a very important date. My dads birthday is on Thursday and I was just recently reminded and brought to tears. How in the world could I forget my own dads birthday!! I have been told by many not to worry about it since I have been busy with my promotion at work and dealing with Dustin's car accident injury. I will also say I am so tired of dealing with extended family drama it totally wears me out emotionally and I am already at my max. I am not making excuses for myself for forgetting but honestly how do you forget it. I have been told that it is just part of the grief and dealing that you loose some of the focus. It is hard to believe that he has only been gone for 4 months. At times it seems like forever and at times as awful at it seems it feels like just yesterday. All I know is that his birthday is Thursday and what are you suppose to do just act like it is another day or are you suppose to acknowledge it but not do anything. What do you do? Sorry for a sad and depressing post but just sharing my heart and venting I guess. Hopefully the next post can be something happy and not so depressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Sweetie,
I completely empathize with how you're feeling. I would feel the exact same way. But, what you have to remember is that your father loved you, and is celebrating eternally in Heaven. He doesn't need any more than that! Don't beat yourself up, and know that we all love you and are supporting however you need to feel.
Hang in there love! You celebrate your dad everyday just by being hte awesome daughter he raised! Don't beat yourself up over a date! (though I know that must be tough!) He loves you and so do we!
Thanks for sharing this Michelle... You have had so much on your plate - I'll be esp. praying for you on Thursday...
I love you and I am so happy I get to see you at the bank and congrats on your promotion!! I know we talked about this the other day, I will be praying for you!
Post a Comment