Thursday, November 13, 2008

Memory

I was trying to think of a memory to tell about my dad and I thought of how every fall/winter he starts to gain weight he would say he was carrying a baby (he kind of looked like it). My sister decided to name it Billy. Clearly he wasn't. Every night before bed he would have his bowl of ice cream (sometimes two and always had the bowl completely full), and you cannot forget he also had popcorn right after every night. We always laughed cuz he did not really ever look that heavy or fat he was like a bear packed it on in the winter and lost it all in the summer. My dad preferred to only eat steak, potatoes, and BREAD (that is a family trait). Unfortately growing up we would get tired of it. Oh how I miss making fun of his diet. I remember he would come home from the doctor and he would say his cholestrol is to high. And then he said guess what I did about it today, I had biscuits and gravy from Wendy's for breakfast. He did not care he was going to enjoy his food and he was healthy. Oh how I miss laughing at his Billy! Well I know he is looking down on us and proud of how well we got thru today. All I know is that he is in heaven with our Savior maybe he is celebrating his birthday. Daddy I love you and miss you everyday.

1 comment:

Melissa Stephenson said...

Thought of you guys today - I'm glad you had an okay day and such good memories....