I am not sure what to write about other than my dad took his life on Friday morning. I will tell you it has been hard and I feel like I am in denial right now and feel he should be coming home from the mountains any day now. But I know tomorrow will difficult with the fact that me and my sister will be talking at the memorial service. Tomorrow will be a reality check that he never going to be here with our family. Bob Kyler came over and many of you may know that his son took his life about 4 years ago. Bob brought a mental picture to me and I like to think of Andy greeting my dad at the gates and giving him a big hug and saying welcome home. My dad loved him dearly and would enjoy that. My mom has her ups and downs like us all but at times it is harder for her. I amnot really sure what to say other than I miss you daddy and I always will. you were the greatest dad and you were the most amazing man that took care of everyone else before yourself. I wish you would of taken care of yourself. here is a poem I found that just says it all. One thing I love thinking of is how much he loved our family and I am constantly reminded by everyone how much he loved me and how proud of me he was. He told everbody about us.
Dad
by Judy Burnette
Dad...so many images come to mindwhenever I speak your name;It seems without you in my lifethings have never been the same.What happened to those lazy dayswhen I was just a child;When my life was consumed in youin your love, and in your smile.What happened to all those timeswhen I always looked to you;No matter what happened in my lifeyou could make my gray skies blue.Dad, some days I hear your voiceand turn to see your face;Yet in my turning...it seemsthe sound has been erased.Dad, who will I turn to for answerswhen life does not make sense;Who will be there to hold me closewhen the pieces just don't fit.Oh, Dad, if I could turn back timeand once more hear your voice;I'd tell you that out of all the dadsyou would still be my choice.Please always know I love youand no one can take your place;Years may come and gobut your memory will never be erased.Today, Jesus, as You are listeningin your home above;Would you go and find my dadand give him all my love.

9 comments:
Michelle - Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us and being vulnerable... It is good to see a small glimpse of how and what you are processing. I hope it doesn't get too old hearing that we are all praying for you and your family... You are LOVED!!!
Michelle, your Dad had an amazing smile, one we will never forget. Thanks for sharing you heart. We have been praying for you, your Mom and Lisa. Your strength in the Lord is a blessing to others.
Thinking of you daily...the Self Family
Michelle, I remember your Dad teaching in sunday school. Our family is praying for the God of comfort to cover you with His peace that only He can give. May you be strengthened....
My love, you already know my heart is broken for you! You are amazing..I know that took alot for you to share. What an amazing poem! We love you!
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in Him....
Michelle, we are all praying for you in the washburn house. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything or just even someone to sit with and not say a word. I know you dad and andy are having a great time together.
We love you and your family so so much!
Dearest Michelle:
I love you and I want to thank you for sharing your heart with us. The service was amazing today and you and Lisa did an amazing job sharing your hearts about your dad. I know he would be so proud of you both!! We are here for you.........just know that for anything. Your dad always took care of our truck and we were always so grateful for a christian to be working on our vehicle. We trusted him and knew we were in good hands. We are praying for you all - hugs!!
I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your support. We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our life. Thanks you for the thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Michelle,
I sat at your Dad's memorial service this morning just heart broken for you, your sister, and your mom. I can't imagine. From a daughter's point of view I could never imagine my Dad taking his life, as I am sure you could't either. As I watched and listened to you read your letter to your dad this morning I just couldn't belive how strong you where. I know that if I was struck with this tradgity I would not have the strenghth to get up and talk in front of people. I know everyone is saying this and I know it gets old, but lean on God and he will get you through the hard times now and the ones ahead. I am praying my heart out for you and your family, and know that you are truly, truly loved!
Jeremiah 29:11
-Breanna Maples
Post a Comment