
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Favorite Ornament
I thought I would share this with everyone. Even though we have tons of memory's of my dad I decided that I wanted a ornament for our tree. I told my mom and she said she wanted to do that for my sister and I. Sorry it is kind of a bad picture. So here is what she came up with. I absolutely love it and was exactly what I wanted. For those that cannot read the writing in the heart it says, "Even though we are apart, we will keep you forever in our heart." Which is so true. Then my mom had something engraved on the bottom that says, "Love You Dad, Romans 8:38-39." I will be honest and Thanksgiving was difficult and sad. Part of the reason I did not go see Dustin's family. I love them all dearly it was just a very difficult day to not see my dad sitting at the dinner table with us. I am trying to be festive for the holidays but I will be honest it saddens me to think he will not be there for Christmas. Which during the holidays it was difficult for him. So... not to be a downer but this is my little piece of my dad to go on the tree. I have to say it is my favorite ornament of all that I have now and I will cherish it forever!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Michelle,
Holidays will be tough. I know what you're going through, my dad died 25 years ago and I still have days that are really hard.
You'll find that family gatherings will eventually get better, and you'll find that as you think of him during those times it'll be like you're representing him and that you can share the joy with him through your memories.
Have a great holiday season and know that we're thinking of you, your family, and Dustin.
love,
Uncle Richard
Post a Comment