Monday, July 27, 2009

Update

Okay yeah I know it has been a while! All I can say is we have been busy and this is not my first priority. Well May was full of graduation's and a system upgrade at work. We also went and spread my dad's ashes in May. That was a rather peaceful experience thankfully! We went and took our boat to Roosevelt his favorite lake and spread them there! Memorial Day weekend I think I worked like 30 hrs (maybe that is a exaggeration) we rolled out a new system at work and it created a disaster! I am so glad that is over with!

June brought sadness and brought back all the emotions of last year. Dustin went to Jr. high camp, I could not go do to vacation black out at work! I was bummed because it was my girls last year. He had a lot of fun. The Friday before he came back and a week before the anniversary of my dad's passing we did a memorial for my dad and had a plot created for him at the cemetery. That was kind of hard because you cannot say he is just gone on a long trip it was really real to see your dad's name posted on a plaque and the dates! It brought back everything! After that us girls just hung out together.

Well the weekend of Father's day was really hard because it was the anniversary of my dad's death, it was the first Father's day. Last year he had a great weekend full of Dustin graduation (might I add I think the happiest day of his life) and just a really good day spent with my dad he had a great day! Well that weekend my mom took me and my sister to the spa and we had some pampering done and then we went to the Hyatt in Scottsdale and had a great girls weekend. We laid by the pool and went to dinner all the fun stuff. We decided we did not want to dwell and that instead Dad would have loved it that we were just having a great girls weekend.
This last weekend we celebrated my birthday and my nephew Caleb's birthday. I cannot believe he is 1 year! He is so darn cute and all weekend he kept saying uh-----oh! Uncle Dustin thought it was the greatest! We are certainly blessed with all the family and friends that we have in our lives. Oh and let me add I woke up the morning of my birthday saying you are never going to believe this I said what (by the way it was Dustin on the phone) I hurt my knee at work tonight and have to go to occupational health. Well if anyone knows occupational health it is the worst you sit around forever! So needless to say he did not get much sleep and was exhausted at dinner with my family but that is okay he was in a lot of pain and on crutches! Crutches alone are enough to make you crabby. He did hurt his knee and we are still waiting to see what is up and what happens next! Hopefully they will be able to tell more on Friday but for my sanity I hope it is better before that because all i hear is how he does not want to work light duty! Well sorry for the long update. I will hopefully have pictures soon. For some reason I did not take very many pictures recently. Oh well i am sure my mother in law has some to post later.

2 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

phew! Glad you finally decided to post, that was long :) lol. I hope Dustin doesnt have to work light duty. That would stink for both of you!

Trudy said...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to have lunch soon. Hugs!